Our Weekly Message for September 17, 2003
Greetings special friends,
I hope this message finds your week going in a
positive direction. It is hard to believe that
fall is just around the corner. We are already
seeing milder weather here in Texas....what a
Here are some thoughts for the day:
"There are no secrets to success: don't waste time
looking for them. Success is the result of
perfection, hard work, learning from failure,
loyalty to those for whom you work, and
Gen. Colin Powell (Sec. of State)
"Words of encouragement fan the spark of genius
into the flame of achievement. Legend tells us
that Lincoln's dying mother called her small son
to her bedside and whispered, Be somebody, Abe!"
Wilfred A. Peterson
"Success is to be measured not so much by the
position that one has reached in life as by the
obstacles that one has overcome while trying to
Booker T. Washington, Educator
"Nothing in the world can take the place of
persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more
common than unsuccessful people with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a
proverb. Education alone will not; the world is
full of educated derelicts. Persistence and
determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan,
'press on,' has solved and always will solve the
problems of the human race."
Calvin Coolidge, 30th Pres. of the U.S.
In the next few weeks, you will notice many
updates and additions to our web site including
our 2004 Summer
Camp dates and locations,
One Day Dance
Workshops including the
Rockettes Experience, new articles on the
Page and much, much more.
A few years back, someone sent me a list of
"Instructions for Life." Below there are listed 45
lines that will all strike a cord of some kind
with you as they did with me. Share part or all of
them with a friend.
Have a wonderful week, and, as always, please keep
Joyce E. Pennington
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE
1. Give people more than they expect and do it
2. Memorize your favorite poem.
3. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have, or
sleep all you want.
4. When you say, "I love you", mean it.
5. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get
7. Believe in love at first sight.
8. Never laugh at anyone's dreams.
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but
it's the only way to live life completely.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
11. Don't judge people by their relatives.
12. Talk slowly, but think quick.
13. When someone asks you a question you don't want to
answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?".
14. Remember that great love and great achievements
involve great risk.
15. Call your mom.
16. Say "God bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
17. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
18. Remember the three R's:? Respect for self; Respect
for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
19. Don't let a little dispute injure a great
20. When you realize you've made a mistake, take
immediate steps to correct it.
21. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will
hear it in your voice.
22. Marry a spouse you love to talk to. As you get
older, his or her conversational skills will be as
important as any other.
23. Spend some time alone.
24. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your
25. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
26. Read more books and watch less TV.
27. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older
and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.
28. Trust in God but lock your car.
29. A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do
all you can to
create a tranquil harmonious home.
30. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with a
current situation. Don't bring up the past.
31. Read between the lines.
32. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve
33. Be gentle with the earth.
34. Pray. There's immeasurable power in it.
35. Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
36. Mind your own business.
37. Don't trust a person who doesn't close his or her
eyes when you kiss them.
38. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
39. If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping
others while you are living. That is wealth's greatest
40. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes
a stroke of luck.
41. Learn the rules.
42. Remember that the best relationship is one where
your love for each other is greater than your need for
43. Judge your success by what you had to give up in
order to get it.
44. Remember that your character is your destiny.
45. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.