Weekly Letter for January 17, 2001
are off today for Cocoa Beach, Florida, for our annual Dancin' on the High
Seas competition on the Carnival Cruise Ship Fantasy. We will also kick
the 2001 contest season this Saturday with the Junior Mavericks
You can view those schedules, contest dates, maps and more on the contest
Make sure to check back about one week after contest for the results. We
have two or more contests each weekend through the end of March.
Here are two great new sites for resources:
Kim Burge is the directors' director. She has put everything helpful into
this great site!
Equipment International- Building a new dance studio? They
have all the equipment, floors, etc. you will need to resource.
Here is a thought for the day:
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be
Have a great week and enjoy the "Facts of Life" that was sent to
me this past
week. As always, please keep in touch.
Joyce E. Pennington
us about articles or subjects you would be interested
in reading in The Line Online
FACTS OF LIFE
1) Raising teenagers is like
nailing JELL-O to a tree.
2) There is always a lot to be thankful for, if you take the time to look.
For example, I'm sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't
3) The best way to keep kids at home is to make a pleasant atmosphere and
let the air out of their tires.
4) Families are like fudge . . . mostly sweet, with a few nuts.
5) Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
6) Laughing helps. It's like jogging on the inside.
7) Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not for the
8) My mind not only wanders; sometimes it leaves completely.
9) If you can remain calm, you just don't have all the facts.
10) You know you're getting old when you stoop to tie your shoes and
what else you can do while you're down there.