Weekly Letter for December 14, 2000
Well, the ice storm that blasted across the Central part of the country on Tuesday left us with no power until late on Wednesday so this message is arriving a day late. I hope that you are all thawed out and have warmth and power by now.
Here is a special message for you today . . .
"You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can
change yourself. That is something you have charge of. You don't have charge of the constellations, but you do
have charge of whether you read, develop new skills, and take new classes." Jim Rohn
We are so excited that the AAU (Amateur Athletic Union) is adding Dance as
one of it's official competitive sports for 2001. To find out more about this
new and exciting national event, visit their web site for updates:
Amateur Athletic Union - Member Sports
Many of you are preparing or taking finals and looking forward to a wonderful holidays soon. You will be getting one more message before Christmas and then we will have our first message of 2001 after the first of the year. Below is a passage of words to live by that was sent to me in August. It is the holiday time that will make us stop to think about the meaning of our gifts to give. Have a great week and please keep in touch!
Joyce E. Pennington
American Dance/Drill Team®
us about articles or subjects you would be interested in
reading in The Line Online
To Live By
1. Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind.
2. You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
3. Love ......and you shall be loved.
4. God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
5. All people smile in the same language.
6. A hug is a great gift...one size fits all. It can be given for any occasion and it's easy to exchange.
7. Everyone needs to be loved...especially when they do not deserve it.
8. The real measure of a man's wealth is what he has invested in eternity.
9. Laughter is God's sunshine.
10. Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it.
11. It's important for parents to live the same things they teach.
12. Thank God for what you have, TRUST GOD for what you need.
13. If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.
14. Happy memories never wear out.... relive them as often as you want.
15. Home is the place where we grumble the most, but are often treated the best.
16. Man looks at outward appearance but the Lord looks within.
17. The choice you make today will usually affect tomorrow.
18. Take time to laugh for it is the music of the soul.
19. If anyone speaks badly of you, live so none will believe it.
20. Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
21. Love is strengthened by working through conflicts together.
22. The best thing parents can do for their children is to love each other.
23. Harsh words break no bones but they do break hearts.
24. To get out of a difficulty, one usually must go through it.
25. We take for granted the things that we should be giving thanks for.
26. Love is the only thing that can be divided without being diminished.
27. Happiness is enhanced by others but does not depend upon others.
28. You are richer today if you have laughed, given or forgiven.
29. For every minute you are angry with someone, you lose 60 seconds of happiness that you can never get back.
30. Do what you can, for who you can, with what you have, and where you are.
31. The best gifts to give:
To your friend - loyalty;
To your enemy - forgiveness;
To your boss - service;
To a child - a good example;
To your parents - gratitude and devotion;
To your mate - love and faithfulness;
To all men and women - charity; and
To your God - your life.