Greetings and Happy
New Year to everyone!
By now most of you
are back in school and gearing up for your first
contest. Today we leave for Houston for the
Texas Dance Educators Association convention
where dance educators, directors and college
students will gather for important workshops as
well as hundreds of exhibitors. Make sure to visit
Texas Dance Educators Association web site for
more information. If we do not have your state
association linked to our ADTS Links Page, please
let us know the URL. Your professional
associations are very important to continuing
education in dance.
Here are some thoughts for the day:
"There are spaces between our fingers so that
fingers can fill them in."
"While we have the gift of like, it seems to me
the only tragedy is to allow part of us to
die–whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or
our glorious uniqueness."
Gilda Radner (1946-1989) comedian
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing
something for someone who will never be able to
John Wooden, college basketball coach
"Follow the grain in your own wood."
Howard Thurman (1900-1981) clergyman
Here are some updates on our web site that may
help you in starting off 2004 in the right way:
• Several more dance workshops to attend in
2004 ADTS One Days
• New locations added for the
• Workshop with Kilgore College Rangerettes raises
money for scholarships
• Make sure to pre-register at least 3 weeks in
advance of contests
ADTS Contest Page.
• 2004 Summer Camp dates online now at our
ADTS Summer Camp
• Get your bid for a private camp at no obligation
• Need articles for class curriculum or research
• Directors have their own web site
• Start an En Croix group at your school or studio
En Croix- A Fellowship for Christian Dancers
• Resource hundreds of dance related links
ADTS Links Page.
• Interested in becoming an instructor for
ADTS Staff Information/Application.
It is important to start 2004 with positive
thoughts, deeds and words. Praise is something
that we all thrive on and work towards. Just a few
words of praise can motivate us in so many ways.
As you are approaching contest season ahead, make
sure that you are using words of praise to
motivate yourself, your friends and your team.
There are 101 ways to praise below.
Have a great week, and, as always, please keep in
Joyce E. Pennington