I hope that this letter finds you well. We have seen some most exciting
performances these past two weeks at contest and look forward to 3 more
successful contests this weekend in South Padre Island, Texas A&M and
Rowlett (outside of Dallas). Within a week of each of our contests you can
view the results on our web site and the week prior to the event, you can view a
map and seek directions to each event.
We are celebrating over 40,000 visitors this past
year!! This weekend we have almost 300 students and teachers that are in New
York City on our Millennium Dance Consortium. They will see Broadway shows
as well as take dance classes from Broadway Dance Center and Alvin Ailey
American Dance Company. They will also hear about the history of dance
theatre as well as the chance to take in all the sites of New York. We
can't wait to hear back from everyone about this exciting new program from the
Continuing Education Department of American Dance/Drill Team.
We are looking to offer a POWER DANCE CRUISE this summer that will feature the
staff of Dallas Power House of Dance. This cruise will be in July on
Premier Cruise Lines and will sail from Galveston, Texas, to Cozumel and Cancun.
We will have more information in a few weeks. Below is
something fun that Norma Marquardt passed my way. I thought it was very
cute and very true.
Hope you all have a great week, and, as always, please stay in touch!
Joyce E. Pennington, Pres. CEO
American Dance/Drill Team
and the ADTS office staff
ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LIFE I
LEARNED FROM MY GIRLFRIENDS
* Good times are even better when they're shared.
* A good long talk can cure almost anything.
* Everyone needs someone with whom to share their secrets.
* Listening is just as important as talking.
* An understanding friend is better than a therapist; and cheaper too!
* Laughter makes the world a happier place.
* Friends are like wine; they get better with age.
* Sometimes you just need a shoulder to cry on.
* Great minds think alike, especially when they are female!
* When it comes to "bonding," females do it better.
* YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD FOR SLUMBER PARTIES!!!!
* Girls just want to have fun.
* It's important to make time to do "girl things."
* Calories don't count when you are having lunch (or any other food) with
* You can never have too many shoes.
* GEMS MAY BE PRECIOUS, BUT FRIENDSHIP IS PRICELESS!!!!!